Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Newest family members





Thanks to Uncle Steve and his adorable kittens we now have some of our own. We went to the Philadelphia SPCA and they were having an adopt a buddy program. One kitten for $75 or two kittens for $75. They come spayed/neutered, microchipped, tested for all the FIV/FeLV diseases, dewormed and including all their vaccinations for one year from adoption date. All those vet costs included led us to accepting the possiblility of getting two.

Once we arrived Gabi insisted on getting a pink collared girl and Evan had to have one particular boy. Evan was choosing wisely. This one boy kitten was happy and purring the moment we picked him up. Evan declared "I am not leaving without him!"

I decided it wasn't fair to let Evan have his boy and not let Gabi pick a girl. So I let her choose. She chose the cute lonely kitten in the back of the cage. The one that clawed and tried to run away when we tried to hold her. I tried to talk her into the friendly one, but she had to have the other one.

So we came home with a boy and a girl. Chad and I are big college footballs fans. I cheer for Univ of Tennesee and Chad cheers for Alabama. So we came home with "Knox"ville and Tusca"Loosey".

Knox fit in the moment he walked in the house. He follows us everywhere, comes when we call him and purrs every time you touch him. He sleeps with Evan which he loves and sometimes with Andy who not so much. Andy showed up in my bed at 1am. I let him snuggle a minute and then said it was time to go back to his bed. He said "I can't... there's a knox in it"

Loosey has yet to come out of hiding. The first day we let her roam we lost her. After two hours of searching we found her at the bottom of a roll of extra carpet face first on the floor. She was hot and I think would have suffocated. I don't think she could have backed herself back up the carpet it kinda fell in above her. We lost her again the next day. After looking for another couple hours we gave up and I went to make lunch. I found her then between the oven and the cabinet. No space is too small or too strange for her to hide. SO we are locking her up in the bathroom and night and Gabi's room during the day. She is getting more friendly little by little. If you find her in Gabi's room and hold on to her until she settles down, then she loves to be petted and purrs and rubs herself all over you. That is until she hear the dog chain or a kid running by. Hopefully she can come out of hiding before we go back to school!

Molly is doing great. Knox has learned not to be scared of her and they walk around together and mostly ignore each other. Loosey hisses and Molly ignores that too. She needs a little extra attention so she is getting bone treats and lots of grown up love!

No comments: