We had sick kids this week. It started with Andy on Sunday. He woke up with the runs. I later felt sorry for him and let him nap in our bed. He woke up from his napping vomiting all over OUR bed. Then later when I thought enough time had passed I gave him a drink.
Monday passed and all was well. So Andy and I went back to school on Tuesday. We had beautiful weather and after we walked home from Gabi's school, several friends stayed and jumped on the trampoline for about an hour. I quickly made up some chicken salad wraps for dinner so we could go to Bible study. I only put chicken, grapes and mayo in the kids' version. Evan took one look, told me his tummy hurt and he didn't want any because "I don't like pickles". I told him it didn't have pickles it had grapes and chicken and he liked those so eat. He and Gabi both ate half of their wraps. We then set off on the 25 minute drive to home team. About 23 minutes in Gabi lost her dinner in the back seat. Poor Evan was holding his nose and turning green. I pulled over and let him move up to the middle of the van. I then cleaned up the backseat as best I could with 3 baby wipes, 5 napkins and one of those now (non-)reusable grocery bags. We stopped at the nearest dumpster to deposit the trash and then went home. Chad threw both boys in the tub while I cleaned out the car and brought Gabi in. Then while she was in the shower Evan joined the sick team. At this point he says to me "I told you I didn't like that dinner and it DID have Pickles!!" The two of them took turns for a little while and then all was calm for the night.
Wednesday we had a quiet morning in our jammies and nobody got sick. We had an appointment to take Molly to the groomer. I thought I would treat everyone to a Sprite thanks to the Sonic Happy Hour. Evan started complaining of a headache along the way. Thinking it could be a problem we stopped and went in the Sonic bathroom. A couple of them used the bathroom and said all they felt better. So we scrubbed hands and left. While I was getting Andy buckled the big kids were getting in the other side of the van. Evan still standing outside the van leans his head IN the van and gets sick. Did I mention he leaned his head from out in the parking lot into the van!!! He then climbed in and fell asleep. We got home I carried my 57lb son in to bed. I had to put him on Gabi's bed on the sheets she earned in the middle of the night, because all the other sheets and covers were in the dryer. I then cleaned my van again. Evan woke up completely healed two hours later. After sleeping with his feet pointed up like that the whole time. Everyone is now eating and bouncy again. They were even joking around and being silly at bedtime. I am hoping Chad and I made it thru. I guess we have to wait two more days to be sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment