While we were rushing to get ready, I got in the shower thinking Pops was taking the kids to the playground. He thought Andy wasn't coming so left without him. Andy thought he was going and went out the door. While I was showering there was a knock on the door and the campground manager returned Andy who had been found roaming outside. It is always dangerous when more than one person are responsible for little kids. It is so easy to assume the other one has them. Luckily we were in the middle of nowhere (literally) and he was fine.
After my heart started beating again, we got moving and went a couple miles down the road to the only other place for miles and miles and miles. It was called 1880 Town. An old west town that was kept like a museum.
Breakfast was in a train turned diner.
It was neat and the food was really good. Then we went to explore. The kids all rang the fire bell.
They climbed aboard an old train. They checked out the church.
We had cold root beers in glass bottles in the Saloon. 
We watched two cowboys pretend to rob the crowd in a gunfight/comedy show that lasted about 5 minutes.
They came right up to rob Gabi and Evan.
Andy became attached to a fake horse pulling a buggy. It was "my hosie" He climbed in and out the carriage probably 25 times.
Each time I would try to convince him to say goodbye to the horse, he would say, "No, my hosie. I stay here." Finally he said "my hoise stay right here. I be right back" and we were able to leave.

We watched two cowboys pretend to rob the crowd in a gunfight/comedy show that lasted about 5 minutes. Once on the road the trip went fast, we were only going 100 miles. When we pulled into the campground it was 6:00 and we decided to have dinner before swimming. As the kids poured out of the RV they were met by our neighbors. Their children were 7, 5, and just turned 3. The two oldest were girls and the youngest a boy. They played until dinner with the plan to go to the payground after eating. Once both families had eaten the kids all went to playground and played for over an hour together. They all got along great. Even the little guys. There was one incident where Andy forgot to duck to get into the tunnel and ran into it face first, but he recovered quickly. We parted ways outside the campers at 9:15. I showered the kids and they were finishing the movie Open Season 2 while I showered. When I got out Andy was fast asleep on top of Pops and blankey and George.
They (Pops and Andy) are still fast asleep together on the couch that pulls out into my bed. I will have to kick them off. Good night from Rapid City SD.
1 comment:
Goodness....Chris's school has the same bell as the fire house. Unfortunately when they changed schools they did not put a place for the bell so it hangs right next to the door and boy is it loud!
Let Andy know that we see real horse and buggies often. The Amish population is still pretty big.
Post a Comment