
We woke up today with the plan to go to Six Flags. My kids have never been to an amusement park, only fairs and the boardwalk at the beach, so this was very big to them. The big kids are over 48 inches so they were determined to ride roller coasters. It was again very hot. At least 100. So we bought the refillable sport bottles and hit the park. We started off easy with a few rides they had tried at fairs.

I took Andy on the scrambler and was worried once it started that it was too fast and jerky for him. I asked him if he was OK and he yelled "woo hoo lets go faster faster!" We moved on to the kiddie park and this is where it got interesting.


Gabi obviously thought she was too old for these rides. After awhile I left Andy with Nanni and Pops and took the big kids to trysome big rides. We went on the Tony Hawk big spin. This was an intermediate coaster, but the seat could spin 360. They were a little scared but liked it. They said they wanted to do Superman which was a giant death drop. Once we got there they chickened out. So we went on a roller coaster next to it. It was a fast wooden coaster that went 80 mph. Because I was alone with them they went together and I rode behind them. When the coaster stopped they were both crying. Then they were done with big rides. It was getting late and the water park closed at 6 so we headed that way. The kids loved the water park. They had a kiddie park that had a big climbing place with 3 medium sized tube slides. The big kids had a blast and Andy was screaming because the life guards would not let him go down. There was a pirate ship that had a 3 slides off it that he could do but I guess it was for babies.



With a half hour before the water park closed I left Andy screaming and locked in the stroller with nan and pops and took the big kids to the big slides. They loved it and were very sad when they closed up. We got dressed and then headed to do the log flume as our last stop. On the way we passed the Evil Kanivel wooden coaster and Pops wanted to go but the kids said no. We did the log flume twice and all three kids loved every second of it. As we were riding I convinced the big kids to try the coaster because Pops would go and they could each have an adult to sit with. So we tried again. Evan cried again and said he was never doing that again. Turns out he might be 49 inches but he is still only 5 years old. Gabi liked it and so she and Pops went two more times.

Then we refilled our drinks one more time and left the park to eat. We ate at Steak N Shake. Yummy!!! We dropped Nan at walmart then Pops dropped the kids and me at the RV and went back to get her. I had the kids showered and in bed before they could get back. An extremely fun day, but I don't think I have ever been more tired!
3 comments:
Kati! Thanks for sharing your adventures. Honestly you are the perfect person to handle this sort of trip. Calm, cool-headed...you are a fabulous mom and your family is blessed!! Be safe and can't wait to hear more stories.
Give Andy Pants a hug!
Love,
Ann
It's painful not being there but I'm glad everyone is having fun. And I love the Foghorn picture, even if it wasn't cool enough to make the blog.
It was cool enough it is just stuck in my phone.
Post a Comment