Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cross Country Day 11

Runnin' on Empty....

We spent the day today restocking. First we checked into the Hart Ranch resort. This is a membership only resort. Very nice.

The biggest problem I have had with Rapid City is it is a Verizon only town. I only get any kind of signal at the tops of the mountains. This makes it hard to blog and even harder to talk to my husband on the cell phone. So this post and tomorrow's will most likely be pictureless until I can get to a place with a decent wifi connection.

Sorry had to blow off steam about that. Back to today. After checking in, Pops had to take the RV to the shop because the Directv stopped working. ( I know... we are really roughing it!) So homeless, Nan and I took the kids to the pool. It was a great pool. There was a in water volleyball court with games going on all day. A large pool for swimming. Also a really nice baby pool that was about 2 1/2 feet deep. Andy loved it because he could jump in without his vest and still go under and "swim and swim and swim". We got there about noon. From 2:00 to 3:00 there were free bingo games with prizes for kids in the pool pavillion. This coincided with adult swim in the pool. So Nan took the big kids to bingo. Gabi won the first game. She went up to the table full of nice beanie babies, games and such and came back with a pack of pencils. Nan said why would you pick pencils out of all those nice prizes. Her answer "I needed pencils for my homework." That is my firstborn for you. Evan did not win at all. If you know Evan you know he is very competitive. So his sister winning the first game was a punishment close to death for him. With each game that he did not win the tears started to fall. He came close to losing it at the end. He was about to fall apart as he approached me. I asked him if he wanted ice cream and he kept crying. I said are you thirsty, I will let you get a soda. And bingo... he was fine.

While all this was going on I took Andy to get dressed. Then we got blankey-George from the car and within minutes of laying down in a lounge chair on me he was out cold. That boy can sleep anywhere when his body needs to recharge. Let me tell you. 33 lbs might not sound like alot, but when it is on top of you on a plastic chair with slats, it is extremely uncomfortable! Of course I didn't try to lay him down on his own chair because then I would have missed out on the cuddle time with my baby!

After the kids swam a few minutes and Andy woke up we changed everyone and went to Walmart. We were running low on food. No snacks. No milk. No juice. Not good when you have 3 little hungry mouths! An hour or two later we were back and Pops had returned with our home. We had stopped to get the kids McDonalds for dinner (and me a iced coffee and Nan a sweet tea). About halfway home Nan said she really didn't feel like making dinner after we got all the groceries in so we decided we would order pizza. We got back and checked thru all the campground flyers for a pizza place that delivers. After finding one I started to giggle. Nan looked at me questioningly and I said " we can't call them we have no phones" Maybe it was the tiredness from the day, but we got quite a laugh at ourselves for that one. And we had tuna salad for dinner.

Afterwards we took the kids to the playground. They had a great time. When we got back we made inside smores. After buying all the ingredients finally (we kept forgetting) we got back to the campground and realized it is the first one we have been in that didn't have fire pits. Then we got them in bed at a decent hour and watched an episode of 24 on DVD. Nan and I then took our laundry to the main building. We put laundry in, I showered, we dried the laundry and made it back to the RV around 12:30. At this point Pops was working on the plans for the next few days. So it was almost 2:00 when we went to bed.


No comments: